- Lakeveiw Generating Station, Cawthra Rd and
Lakeshore area. Fish the warm water discharge area.
- In the fall, you will find resident brown trout
in the Grand River near Elora. Please check for special
regulations on these waters.
- Lakeview is open year round.
Guys cast lures, float roe off the bottom and use floats with salted minnows
There is plenty of parking both at the skimmer and out at the
- Burlington Canal. The area of
the north shore running along Burlington Beach and up toward Stoney Creek is
productive for Browns in the Spring.
- Spoons are the most popular lure for shorebound
anglers, however try Storm Thundersticks, Rapala Husky 13's, and Bomber Long
- You'll find Brown Trout upstream and downstream
from Sylvan Glen. Unfortunately, the river is usually overrun
with baby rainbows all summer.
- Belfountain. Small trout,
mostly browns. You can use bait, as long as you are not in the Forks of the
Credit Park (or the other Special Regs section downstream). Try small spinners
(size "00") or tiny Mr. Twister type lures, or small worms like Red
Wigglers. There are lots of picnic areas. A great place is the
Belfountain Conservation Area. Try fishing the West Branch of the Credit which
flows through the C.A.
Back to Tony's Fishing Guide
Click here back to Tony's homepage